Guess what starts today? Marathon training! On January 1st I committed to running the Eugene Marathon, May 10th. I had been debating if I should run a spring marathon, or tackle a 50k or just contentrate on shorter races. The marathon is such a big draw for me. It’s a huge challenge, not just the day of the race, but all the training that goes into preparing for the marathon. For Chicago I ran over 600 miles in 18 weeks. That’s not including all the cross training. So Eugene it is.
Here are some of my other goals:
1. Continue to find more people to run with, my pace. I have put myself out there all year, and have made a few runner friends, but I need to keep working on this.
2. Train smart and well for Eugene.
3. Plan a Fall Marathon or 50k. I turn 50 this year and was thinking about running a 50k but have not committed to any.
4. Learn a few words in Mandarin. We are going to Beijing in April and I would like to know a few basic words and phrases.
5. Read more books. Since I purchased my tablet in February I have read 16 books. That is about 12 more than 2013.
Any favorite books? Has anyone been to Beijing and if you have what are your top 5 things to do?