Here is a list of my biggest accomplishments in 2013.
1. Finishing all my treatments for breast cancer! One year ago today I had my last chemotherapy treatment. Radiation was done on February 22 and Herceptin ended on October 23rd.
2. Really their accomplishment, but watching my daughter’s graduate from high school and college. I’m very proud of both of them.
3. The New York City Marathon! This was an amazing experience. If you are a marathon runner you must but this race on your bucket list. I also had my first sub 4:30.
4. Ragnar Relay!! It was something I though I would never do and I can’t wait to do it again.
5. I accepted living in Seattle and discovered that it has many good things to offer. I still miss Boston, it will always be home, but the PNW is not so bad.
Goals for 2014
1. Expand my circle of running buddy’s. East Side Runners meets at different locations each Saturday, and I have been too lazy to drive places. That will change on Saturday I will be running in Bothell.
2. Remain healthy for the Boston Marathon! I can not wait to run this race at home in April. I’m honored to be running for the Dana Farber Marathon team. And thanks to some wonderful friends and family I have met the minimum fundraising requirements. I have to thank Abbie Vicknair and Devri Pieratt without them I would still be $2000 short of my goal.
3. Fall marathon, I may try to get in to Chicago. It is the last big US marathon that I have not done. If not then I’m looking at CIM in December.
4. Find my way to advocate for cancer patients. I did a training in November and will follow-up with SCCA in January.
5. Read more books. I usually only read on vacation. But I have started reading a bit before I go to bed each night.
Do you have any goals for 2014?